Right here is the scenario because it stands on Sunday, November 6.
- Iran for the primary time confirmed it offered drones to Russia, however stated this occurred “months” earlier than the beginning of the warfare in Ukraine, the place Russia has used them to focus on energy stations and civilian infrastructure.
- Exterior energy has been restored to Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Energy Plant two days after it was disconnected from the ability grid as a result of shelling broken high-voltage traces.
- The operator of Ukraine’s grid, focused by Russian air strikes in latest weeks, stated it could step up rolling blackouts within the capital, Kyiv, and 7 Ukrainian areas in response to what it stated was elevated electrical energy consumption.
- Ukrainian attackers shot and critically wounded decide Alexander Nikulin in an japanese Russian-controlled area of Ukraine. He had sentenced two Britons and a Moroccan to demise in June.
- US President Joe Biden’s administration is privately encouraging Ukraine’s leaders to sign an openness to barter with Russia and drop their public refusal to have interaction in peace talks except President Vladimir Putin is faraway from energy, The Washington Put up reported. The White Home Nationwide Safety Council had no touch upon the accuracy of the report.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken accused Russia of desirous to “freeze” Ukraine into submission as Moscow’s marketing campaign towards its power community had left about 4.5 million folks with out energy.
- German Chancellor Olaf Scholz, beneath fireplace for a visit to Beijing with German CEOs, stated his joint assertion with Chinese language President Xi Jinping opposing using nuclear weapons in Ukraine had been purpose sufficient for the go to.
- Georgia is on track to turn into one of many world’s fastest-growing economies this 12 months following a dramatic inflow of greater than 100,000 Russians since Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine and Putin’s mobilisation drive to drum up warfare recruits.