Argentina has introduced a World Cup squad that options Messi, Di Maria, Otamendi and surprisingly, an injured Dybala.
A assured Argentina crew shall be heading to Qatar in what seems to be Lionel Messi’s fifth and remaining World Cup. The South American powerhouse has not misplaced a match since their Copa América semi-final defeat to Brazil in 2019.
In 2022, La Albiceleste scored an unbelievable 21 targets whereas solely conceding two. Additionally they beat European champions Italy in La Finalissima earlier this 12 months after successful the 2021 Copa América.
Given their success, it’s maybe unsurprising that Argentina supervisor Lionel Scaloni has named most of his regulars to this World Cup squad. He has even included Paulo Dybala, who’s at present injured and has not featured for Roma since October.
Argentina will play Saudi Arabia of their opening match on November 22, earlier than taking over Mexico and Poland.
The Argentina crew in full:
- Emiliano Martinez (Aston Villa)
- Franco Armani (River Plate)
- Geronimo Rulli (Villarreal)
- Nicolas Otamendi (Benfica)
- Gonzalo Montiel (Sevilla)
- Nahuel Molina (Atletico Madrid)
- German Pezzella (Actual Betis)
- Cristian Romero (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Lisandro Martinez (Manchester United)
- Juan Foyth (Villarreal)
- Nicolas Tagliafico (Lyon)
- Marcos Acuna (Sevilla)
- Leandro Paredes (Juventus)
- Guido Rodriguez (Actual Betis)
- Enzo Fernandez (Benfica)
- Rodrigo De Paul (Atletico Madrid)
- Exequiel Palacios (Bayer Leverkusen)
- Alejandro Gomez (Sevilla)
- Alexis Mac Allister (Brighton & Hove Albion)
- Paulo Dybala (AS Roma)
- Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Angel Di Maria (Juventus)
- Nicolas Gonzalez (Fiorentina)
- Joaquin Correa (Inter Milan)
- Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan)
- Julian Alvarez (Manchester Metropolis)